Wednesday, December 30, 2015

TBTB Secret Santa 2015!!!

Today is Wacky Wednesday at Bookmarks and Coffee Mugs, which means that I get to share something with y'all that's outside the norm!

It's not a secret that I'm crazy about Christmas! One of my favorite holiday activities is doing Secret Santa gift exchanges with my friends and family. For me, it's the thrill of the hunt - looking for just the right gift for your person. Love it. 

This year, I signed up to participate in a Secret Santa hosted by one of my absolute favorite blogs, The Broke and the Bookish! Seriously, guys. Go check them out, they are beyond awesome at what they do! All I had to do was give them my info and a wish list of the books that I might like to receive. I also got to tell them a little about myself and my interests. Then they did the work, matching me up with a SS and then also giving me an opportunity to play SS for someone else! 

I received the most thoughtful package from my Secret Santa, Gina! She went above and beyond anything that I could have ever imagined. She included handmade items, and personalized them just for me! I was blown away. It felt like I had gotten a present from my best friend, even though she and I have never met!

I also had a blast playing Secret Santa for Allison. Go check out her blog! She loves to do calligraphy and bake, so I looked for little things like notebooks, pens, cupcake liners, and mini cookie cutters for her gift. I also got to pick out which books from her wish list to send. I went with At the Water's Edge by Sarah Gruen and Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. 

Perhaps the best part about the whole experience was getting to meet two lovely ladies with whom I have a lot in common, and I'm so happy to be able to call them my new friends! If you're looking to meet new people and want to spread some smiles next Christmas, I highly recommend signing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment